Sheboygan HOSA members came together to fundraise for The Salvation Army Clinic with the help of their student body. The event was executed during HOSA Week and they raised $135.24. The funds were raised by holding a Minute Miracle session during both lunch periods and by having a “money bucket” near the cafeteria vending machines.
Sheboygan HOSA made some valentines day cards for a local nursing home. Way to spread the HOSA love guys!
Sheboygan HOSA did some bell ringing for Salvation Army over the past winter holiday. Great job everyone!
OCHOSA just held HOSA week at their school. Dress up days included scrub day, HOSA t-shirt day, and wear the Cystic Fibrosis colors day. There were also other activities through the week like learning how to take blood pressure, and a pizza party. Go OCHOSA!
AFHOSA members helped serve food and bring food to vehicles at a local mobile food pantry. They served 420 families in their community. Great job!:)
Adams-Friendship HOSA raised $197 at a 50/50 raffle last tuesday. They used this money to help a boy in their school district, Jared, pay for his medical expenses from his multiple brain surgeries. Great job lending a helping hand AFHOSA!
Oak Creek HOSA at the 50/50 Raffle to raise money for SLC! A 50/50 raffle is where one sells tickets, and the winner gets half of all the ticket profits. This event was done at a school basketball game.
As HOSA continues this school year and in the future, your chapter may want to try some of these awesome suggestions!
- Host a picnic and invite other HOSA chapters
- Organize a blood drive
- Organize a school dance
- A chocolate fountain with fruit has worked well for members in the past.
- Host a cookie chat to improve meeting attendance (give free homemade cookies and milk to members)
- Provide members with job shadow opportunities
- Have members volunteer at a local hospital
- Invite a speaker to one of your meetings to talk about Cystic Fibrosis
- Have a health professional talk about their occupation at a chapter meeting
- Browse the national and state HOSA websites during a meeting
- Ask a question on Wisconsin HOSA’s website
- Team up with another CTSO
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- Organize a food drive
- Help a nearby school start a HOSA chapter (middle school, high school, or college)
- Make the community aware of HOSA
- Teach your chapter a health skill
- Go to a local school and teach students about a current health topic
- Have a meeting focused on preparing members for their state events
- Tie-dye your HOSA t-shirts
- Play BINGO with residents at your local assisted living residence
- Have a HOSA Week and wear your HOSA t-shirts
- Wear HOSA t-shirts
- Wear scrubs to school
- Sell healthy food at lunch
- Pin-ups are a great way to raise money for HOSA’s state and national service projects
- Meet with a local Cystic Fibrosis Representative
- Google hangout with a state officer
- Do a 50/50 raffle at a school basketball game
- Send mass texts to members reminding them when events and meetings are
- Trick or Treat for Cystic Fibrosis
- Participate in a local walk (ALS, Alzheimer’s, Relay for Life, ect)
- Participate in a polar plunge
- Go into the community and take blood pressure
- Have your whole chapter attend Fall Leadership Lab and State Leadership Conference
- Have a movie night
- Sell 1st aid kits
- Host a school dance to fundraise
- Plan a kickball tournament
- Help out at a food shelter
- Go ice skating, sledding, or have a snowball fight with your chapter
Add your suggestions by commeting below!