Sheboygan HOSA members came together to fundraise for The Salvation Army Clinic with the help of their student body. The event was executed during HOSA Week and they raised $135.24. The funds were raised by holding a Minute Miracle session during both lunch periods and by having a “money bucket” near the cafeteria vending machines.
Adams-Friendship HOSA raised $197 at a 50/50 raffle last tuesday. They used this money to help a boy in their school district, Jared, pay for his medical expenses from his multiple brain surgeries. Great job lending a helping hand AFHOSA!
Oak Creek HOSA at the 50/50 Raffle to raise money for SLC! A 50/50 raffle is where one sells tickets, and the winner gets half of all the ticket profits. This event was done at a school basketball game.
As HOSA continues this school year and in the future, your chapter may want to try some of these awesome suggestions!
- Host a picnic and invite other HOSA chapters
- Organize a blood drive
- Organize a school dance
- A chocolate fountain with fruit has worked well for members in the past.
- Host a cookie chat to improve meeting attendance (give free homemade cookies and milk to members)
- Provide members with job shadow opportunities
- Have members volunteer at a local hospital
- Invite a speaker to one of your meetings to talk about Cystic Fibrosis
- Have a health professional talk about their occupation at a chapter meeting
- Browse the national and state HOSA websites during a meeting
- Ask a question on Wisconsin HOSA’s website
- Team up with another CTSO
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- Organize a food drive
- Help a nearby school start a HOSA chapter (middle school, high school, or college)
- Make the community aware of HOSA
- Teach your chapter a health skill
- Go to a local school and teach students about a current health topic
- Have a meeting focused on preparing members for their state events
- Tie-dye your HOSA t-shirts
- Play BINGO with residents at your local assisted living residence
- Have a HOSA Week and wear your HOSA t-shirts
- Wear HOSA t-shirts
- Wear scrubs to school
- Sell healthy food at lunch
- Pin-ups are a great way to raise money for HOSA’s state and national service projects
- Meet with a local Cystic Fibrosis Representative
- Google hangout with a state officer
- Do a 50/50 raffle at a school basketball game
- Send mass texts to members reminding them when events and meetings are
- Trick or Treat for Cystic Fibrosis
- Participate in a local walk (ALS, Alzheimer’s, Relay for Life, ect)
- Participate in a polar plunge
- Go into the community and take blood pressure
- Have your whole chapter attend Fall Leadership Lab and State Leadership Conference
- Have a movie night
- Sell 1st aid kits
- Host a school dance to fundraise
- Plan a kickball tournament
- Help out at a food shelter
- Go ice skating, sledding, or have a snowball fight with your chapter
Add your suggestions by commeting below!